Research task: Collecting geographic data of ACMI audiences through Tripadvisor reviews.
Google Fusion Map of ACMI reviewers on TripAdvisor:
To give a visual sense of the concentration of these reviews around the globe, I created an interactive map here: https://goo.gl/ZAeB2H
This is an interactive map visualizing the location and ratings of 1,163 ACMI reviewers on TripAdvisor. Each reviewer is marked by a dot in their listed city. The dot colors represent their TripAdvisor ratings (5 stars being the highest score, and 1 star the lowest):
- Red = 5 points
- Green = 3 and 4 points
- Yellow = 1 and 2 points
Top countries for ACMI reviewers on TripAdvisor:
Based on the reviews on ACMI on TripAdvisor, majority of the reviewers reside in Australia and New Zealand. UK and USA are close runner-ups.
- Australia & Oceania: 745
- Europe: 180
- North America: 104
- Asia: 87
- Central/South America: 34
- Middle East, North Afrida, and Greater Arabia: 13
- Unlisted: (170)
Frequently-used words based on ratings:
The table below sheds light on some findings:
- 95% of reviewers rate their ACMI visit very favourably with 5 stars (780 reviews) and 4 stars (493 reviews).
- Top countries which rated the ACMI visit with 5 stars and 4 stars are: Australia, UK, USA and New Zealand. This is parallel with the top countries who left reviews on TripAdvisor.
- Tracking the most frequently-used words used in the reviews grouped by ratings sheds light on the popular adjectives used to describe the ACMI visit.
- Favorable reviews often include the words “Great, Free, Interactive, Interesting” while reviews with lower ratings feature the words “Boring, Dark, Noisy, Dead”.
Note: These words were gathered from reviews written in English. It excludes reviews in other languages as translations may result in a misinterpretation of the exact word or expressions intended.